Tuesday, November 4, 2008

More kitchen remodel photos

Welcome!
We (especially me!) are loving our new kitchen!

One of the nifty drawers...


I love the glass doors and plate rack. Must thrift some cuter plates for up there though...



Our sink is composite granite from Lowes. The faucet is from overstock.com.

Yippee! The wall is gone between the kitchen and diningroom!



I have to do a quick post on these lights. They were cheap-o lights from Lowes that I tinkered with for that Pottery barn on a budget look.


This original staircase is so very steep. I am getting used to it though. Upstairs will be the boy's bedroom and a family/playroom.



Our free fridge (credit card reward program) and free chalkboard that I pulled off a curb.

I love these deep drawers.

Sean says this is the supervisor's chair.

Another nifty cupboard!

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the look of your kitchen!

The colors all seem to go so well together along with the glass doors and the tin walls. Not too dark and not too bright. The fridge under the stairs is a great idea.

Thanks so much for the updated photos my husband is getting a better idea :)

Me said...

You are welcome!

Anonymous said...

It's just beautiful Hannah! You must be so happy. :)

Carrie Cooper said...

Oh it is so beautiful! I love old houses and old things.. You have done so well with keeping to that.

goddessof4 said...

Such a great kitchen!!! Isn't great when you can open up a wall!! Would you mind telling me where I can find the lights on the cables in your kitchen,we are looking for some like those.Thankyou,Sara (the ones under the beams)

Jillian said...

Wow, the kitchen is just gorgeous! It seriously looks like something out of a magazine...you should submit your before-and-afters to Country Living or something...it is amazing!

Me said...

Goddess, we found the lights at Lowes!

Lynn Hasty said...

Supervisor's chair. Ha ha. That made me smile. I would love to have storage drawers with that kind of space! Wow.

Your kitchen is beautiful!

Lynn

Bell said...

Just beautiful! I'd been waiting to see it. Is your back splash tin?

goddessof4 said...

Thankypu,I will check it out!!!!

Kit said...

Love it, Hannah! Lord help me not to covet!
It's beautiful!

The Chatty Housewife said...

The kitchen turned out so beautiful! I bet it inspires you to spend more time in there. :)

One question though, does your fridge door open properly? It looks so close to the brick wall!

Me said...

Bell, the backslash is faux tin, (shhh...) you really can't tell unless you touch it. We used fake tin ceiling panels from Lowes. Real tin was something like $50 a square foot. If you read cultivating home, then you know how cheap I am!

Hi Chatty Housewife, the fridge opens great and I've gotten that question a lot. Actually, if the door opened the other way it would be scratched and dinged to no end from the brick wall.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Thanks for the reply! Now I see the handles are on the side of the fridge with the wall. When I first looked at the photo I thought it was the opposite way, so it all makes sense now. :)

Holly said...

What a BEAUTIFUL home! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. Mike and kids said...

I love your kitchen redo. I also love your wood floors!

Amber said...

Oh my! Your kitchen is gorgeous! So comfy and warm and inviting!