Monday, July 21, 2008

Drum sanders hurt...


Its been a noisy night through that door. Three rented floor sanders and one owned one and five hours with 25 grit sandpaper have accomplished this:
Not even close to being done.
Whatever our mystery wood is - it is HARD.
I spent about an hour with the drum sander because I think I'm tough and can do anything. (Sean did make me go put shoes on after this photo below!)
Four blisters later (could they not make the handles padded?) I woosed out and opted for my dainty hand sander, starting to go over the dark spots.
That thing weighs about 100 lbs and you have to lift up and pull back on it to make it sand. I am suddenly not regretting all the money we have paid in the past to have someone refinish the floors in a previous home.
I don't think my arms will work in the morning.

I'm wining like a baby, I know. I think it was worse than labor...
Many kudos to my father in law and Sean for their hours and hours of monotonous sanding. Love you guys!

4 comments:

New Mom said...

But, oh, the results you'll soon see. After all beauty is pain, isn't it?

Me said...

So, true, New Mom, so true...

Anna said...

Those are some gorgeous floors!!!

Pam said...

It's really coming along, and the door looks wonderful!