Thursday, July 17, 2008

Kitchen walls!

"Tell them that I'm doing the job I hate the most with the woman I love the most," Sean says as I snap away with the camera.
He hates sanding drywall...
Have I mentioned that I love that he's going gray?
Would now be a good time to mention that a policeman helping me a few years ago when I ran out of gas thought that Sean was my father?
I was mortified and when I explained that Sean is indeed my husband, the cop gave me the dirtiest look ever.

And ooohhh...lookie here. Whats that?
Some fine looking muscles on my handsome husband! Eh hem...back to the kitchen...

While he's been sanding the walls, I've been sanding this:


And these:

And the edges of the floor. Sean'll tackle the rest with a big rented sander.
Any guesses on what kind of wood? I have no idea.
Two hundred year old something.

These walls that he's sanding will be where our main cabinets are. The cabinets, the oh so beautiful cabinets, are piled in mega boxes in that back room right now. Just waiting...

That cut out section of wall above is for my new fridge. I have to downsize fridges. Is that wrong or what? Seriously, that was the only place to fit a fridge in the kitchen - and I love that it'll be built in. We are definitely going to become those people who have the old clunker second fridge in the garage.
More updates soon on counter tops. Our slabs are in and soon to be delivered to my front lawn. Our neighbors had no idea what they were in for when we moved in. Have I mentioned that the nice folks across the street mow at least twice a week and have PERFECT mulch around every perfect tree and perfect bush and they mow in nice diagonal lines?
Nice people across the street - I'm so sorry... ;)

3 comments:

~ Shannon said...

You are going to have one incredible kitchen! It's so wonderful that you are able to do so much of the work yourselves -- not only does it reduce cost, but you also get the satisfaction of seeing your own hard work!

Thanks for the updates -- I can't wait to see more!

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

Catherine Holman said...

Can't wait to see it finished because it already looks fantastic! I just love old homes because you can't get that character any other way.
Catherine

Andrea said...

I love it when my husband works for me.
I think he does, too. :) Such an act of love.
Things are coming along nicely, Hannah!! Wish I could visit and see!!